Monday, February 4, 2013

Chapter 1-Welcome Back


            “Four days.
            “Four days is a long time to go without food or fresh water.”

            I’m going to start including these little italic interludes of narrative. I hope you like them.
            I've enjoyed being in his group. But once again, I find myself starting after the last meeting of pathfinder. That’s just how long it took to describe my old group.
           Ah, well. Upward and onward.

           “Silence filled the bubble. The Captain was fiddling with his rapier, and Shady was experimenting with how long the spell would hold if he poked the wall with a knife. Belial did his best to be invisible until his master needed him, while John nervously shied away. The monk sat in silence, contemplating the many ways a man could die.
            “Finally the Captain stirred.
            “ ‘Are we there yet?’ ”

The group descended slowly through the water on some magical platform. The meeting began when they reached their destination.
            They found themselves in a small cave. Shady immediately checked for traps and, finding none, proceeded to a low archway. This lead to a series of rather predictable events. Shady checked for traps and, finding none, finally noticed the weirdo off to the side who was holding himself and rocking back and forth, whimpering.


Character profile: The Monk
            Race: Tengu (or something)
            Class: Monk
            Appearance: Giant bird with a cloak. Think Ra’zac.
            Preferred weapons: Hand 1 and Hand 2
            Alternate weapons: Is literally proficient with everything. Swords, arrows, lances, chairs…
            Other traits: Sworn to silence (he finds ways around that). Can also throw anything, regardless of weight.
            Interests: Punching, kicking, throwing, killing, and collecting human bones.


Yes, the strange boy was me. Not the Monk, the one rocking back and forth. Thus Hans’s story continues. How do you like the profile thing? I think it’s pretty cool. At any rate, I have to apologize for the lack of sheep in my entrancé.
Ignoring me, Shady continued forward, only to be attacked by an evil plant. Three minutes later, they continued forward again. Coming upon a fork in the road, the Captain went one way and everyone else the other (except me, because I’m still in the corner feeling sorry for myself). Observing the group (the Captain mostly), it immediately became clear that my role was already filled to capacity (as evidenced by the somewhat amusing mime act).
‘Perhaps’, I think, ‘the group could handle two insane people’.
Captain: “Hey, how many times can I use acid splash every day?”
Darick: “Erm…as many as you want, I suppose”
Captain: “Excellent. I use acid splash on the wall repetitively”
‘No, probably not.'
So then…

Who am I?
I could be anybody.

And so I became anybody.

Next time: A Matter of Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment